The Purpose of Landmatters Co-operative
To be a thriving, nature-connected permaculture community living low-impact solutions that reduce our ecological footprint, so we can be an active part of creating a sustainable world.
We connect with and steward the land in order to enhance its diversity, productivity and beauty, whilst providing an educational resource to the wider community.
- We use permaculture Ethics, Principles and Design methods.
- We are “learning by doing” – reskilling ourselves and others.
- We use Consensus Decision-making process, and are committed to healthy communication using the “Way of Council” and other relevant tools.
- We live off-grid in low-impact structures. We use wind and solar power, harvest woood and water from the land, and compost our own wastes.
- We produce increasing amounts of food and other products from the land.
- We make this land the focus of our livelihoods and activities, hosting visitors, volunteers and courses here.
- We share and maintain communal spaces and vehicles.
- We consciously connect to nature by being in touch with the elements, observing the natural world and celebrating the seasonal cycles.
- We believe in positive change, working towards an equitable and sustainable future – personally, locally and globally.
Quality of Life Statement
- We feel at one with the natural world
- We feel connected, energized and joyful
- We are spiritually nourished
- Our children feel understood, inspired, loved and nourished
- We feel productive and effective
- We experience abundance, inspiration and flow
- We are supported and appreciated
- We enjoy fulfilling our purpose together and have fun
- Our relationships are healthy, respectful and co-operative
- We enjoy learning and exchanging ideas
- We feel that we are having a beenficial impact on the wider world